reSports Recap – Jets at Canadiens Jan 29, 2013
FINAL SCORE Jets 3 Canadiens 4
Looks like the Jets can’t have two goal deficits in every game. Got into penalty trouble often. Not enough scoring on the power play. Especially in the third period where the Habs seemed to be trying to shoot themselves in the foot by taking penalties. Again though, Jets show resilience while down. Enstrom’s play has to pick up, two bad games in a row for him. Maybe unfair because he has 7 assists so far this season and perhaps you only notice the mistakes because he’s playing so many minutes with Bogosian injured. Wish the Jets had a youngster or two like the Habs have in Galchenyuk and Gallagher. *cough* Scheifele *cough* Speaking of which, Scheifele a healthy scratch for third game in a row. Pavalec didn’t steal any saves today. Jets simply win when he does that once or twice in a game.
- Jets look shy on first penalty kill that leads to Habs first goal (0-1)
- Haven’t tested Price through first half of period
- Habs faster team overall, able to limit effectiveness of Jets strong forecheck
- First time watching this Gallagher kid, he looks good, typical Hab – undersized, plenty of speed to make up for it and he scores with a quick release (0-2)
- Solid PP goal by Jets, good cycling (1-2) Wheeler the goal scorer
- Wellwood almost ties game before end of period
- Antropov ties game on PP (2-2)
- Pavalec letting some rebounds, not costly yet.
- Jokinen catches Price sleeping with snipe (3-2)
- Jets scoring on much fewer chances than Habs, hard to figure out what to take from that (Jets have scored 2 goals on 4 shots this period)
- Erik Cole scores on PP (3-3), Jets taking too many penalties as refs are calling things real tight
- Plekanec takes lead with another PP goal by Habs. Too many penalties (4-3)
- Habs taking lots of penalties now in third, Jets not capitilizing
- Late penalty by Jets after the refs missed a call on the Habs with less than 4 minutes left. Jets run out of time as a result.