reSports Recap: Jets @ Bruins Jan 21
Final Score: Jets 1 Bruins 2 (SO)
Great pace to this game. Fun to watch. Matched Bruins physically, that’s a positive. Still too many turnovers but better than last game. Little bit of luck and a little bit of Pavelec’s skill kept the game at a tie. Lots to learn and build from this game. Evander Kane’s lack of finish continues to be frustrating but credit to him for always being in spots where you can comment on his shooting. Accuracy is the one part of his game that if it gets better, he will be elite. Scheifele continues to be able to play, still not enough to keep him away from juniors. Little/Ladd/Wheeler line is very lacking. Off season additions in Ponikorovski and Jokinen continue to impress me, adds forecheck presence not there last year. Thorburn best forward on Jets today, Slater might have been second best. Team has balance in lines, just needs top forwards to score. One goal per game obviously not enough.
-Nice to see Jets start games fast
- Jets look faster than Bruins
- Pavalec super sharp to start this game
- Jets still having turnover problems
- Kane, all speed, no finish. Might be harsh but he has to be held at a higher standard.
- Another game that could have been wide open after 1st but Jets still learning to finish.
- Even period half way through.
- Is Kane leading the league in missed shots?
- Pavalec, combo of stellar play and a little post luck
- Jets slipping as a period closes again, lucky to come away tied into third having basically no possession in last five minutes
- Postma, way better this game. Although still made his fair share of mistakes.
- Pavalec, great body language this game. Standing tall, confident.
- Fast pace period
- Rask matching Pavelec’s save for save
- Jets actually better in second half of third, look fired up, not frustrated by tie game like they were against Ottawa
- Fast pace gets faster on 4on4. Both teams playing for win.
- Jets have edge on play
- Wheeler draws penalty using speed and size to drive to the net. He needs to do that all the time.
- Jets definitely could have won it in OT on that power play. Unfortunate result.
- Weakness of Pavelec’s game still
- Seguin scores on Pav staying too far back in net
- Wheeler scores on nice backhand
- Pavalec again lets Bergeron walk in too far, not challenging
- Jokinen misses
- Bourque? Nifty move but he hits Pav in the pad
- Little hits post, Bruins takes shootout 2-1